Quantum Entanglement

So I was looking into the wonderful world of quantum mechanics, more specifically quantum entanglement and found this relatively accessible introduction into this topic, as well as a very good explanation on something called Bell's Inequality (called by some to be " the most profound discovery of science").

Check it out: http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reality_entangled.asp (this article is part 3 in a 5 part series into quantum mechanics)

I think the most fascinating part of this subject is the weird connection between entangled particles that, to the best of my knowledge, has not been fully explained:

"There is a strange connection between particles which instantaneously informs the undisturbed particle of the type of measurement just carried out on its partner"

I'm not a physicist (or a physician...inside joke), but after hearing about entanglement for the first time at a Perimeter Institute public lecture titled "From Einstein to Quantum Information", I've been trying get my head around it for a while...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design + Nature: ARC's International Wildlife Crossing Infrastructure Design Competition