sick!

So it seems like I'm on the verge of getting a full-fledged cold; my sinuses are stuffed up and i have a runny nose. However, from my past experiences of fighting off colds (and there were some nasty ones), I have developed a simple proactive regiment that I feel seems to work when performed at the onset of a cold. It doesn't totally make it go away but so far it has stopped it from becoming even worse. And yeah, it's basically what any doctor would tell you, so it's nothing you haven't heard before, but it took me a while to become a believer! Here's my 3 step rule (btw...I'm NOT a doctor, so don't quote/sue me please!):

1. Get good sleep (at least 8 hours worth!). I know that's tough in the modern day world, but it is CRITICAL!

2. Drink lots of water (preferably warm). Yeah, that means you have to pee a lot, but you want to get better right? I suggest you take this opportunity to sample a variety of different herbal teas like I have :) I just bought some chai green tea and decaf lemon myrtle green tea from shoppers...sick! Soup is a big fixture at this time as well. Yes, SOUP FOR YOU!

3. Take vitamin C supplements or vitamin C enriched fruits and vegetables (e.g. oranges)

I try to fight off the cold using following these tips religiously for about a week, but if it doesn't seem to be getting better, then I figure it's probably best to see the doctor and maybe get some antibiotics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design + Nature: ARC's International Wildlife Crossing Infrastructure Design Competition